The newly redesigned Constellation Watch is the perfect gift for anyone interested in space, science, astronomy and the night sky. In fact, the more you know about astronomy, the more you’ll love this amazing timepiece.
• Designed to show the night sky of the Northern Hemisphere
• Constellation dial displays almost all of the celestial sphere (approximately 98.6%) visible at 35 deg. north latitude (–55.57deg. to +77.06deg. declination)
• The constellation display includes the positions of 1,056 fixed stars with a brightness of 4.8 magnitude or brighter, 169 major nebulae and star clusters, delimitation of constellations, the ecliptic and celestial equator based on their positions for the year 2000.0.
• The position of the sun is shown in a broken line along the ecliptic on the 1st, 11th, and 21st of each month
• Examine the horizon line on the crystal underprint to determine times for sunrise and sunset as well as the number of daylight hours
• Local sidereal time can be designated by reading the right ascension graduations on the constellation dial that intersect with the meridian on the transparent dial
• Hour angle display of the pole star lets you align an astronomical telescope to the polar axis
• 100% Japan movement
• 42mm stainless steel case (steel is high-quality surgical grade 316L)
• 20mm black silicone rubber strap with heavy duty stainless steel buckle
• 3 ATM water resistance
• Beautiful, reusable gift box
• Battery included